Achieve Dramatic Before and After Results with Veneers
If dental flaws, like chips and discoloration, make you want to hide your smile, porcelain veneers may be right for you. Veneers are tooth-shaped shells that fit over the teeth to mask imperfections and instantly transform the smile.
Veneers create dramatic before and after results, making them a popular choice at Premier Dental & Implant Center. To get a better understanding of how veneers transform the smile’s appearance, let’s take a look at what patients can expect from veneers before and after treatment at our Orland Park, IL, practice.
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells that are bonded to the front surface of the teeth to address a variety of cosmetic dental issues.
Veneers are custom made to the desired size and shape and can be closely matched in color to the surrounding teeth or made a brighter shade.
Veneers are suitable for those who have healthy gums and generally healthy teeth free of significant decay or severe damage.
What Dental Issues Can Veneers Correct?
Veneers can correct a wide range of aesthetic dental concerns to create a beautiful, flawless smile. Before undergoing veneer treatment, patients may have one or more of the following dental issues needing correction:
- Discoloration: Some dental stains are too severe or too deep within the tooth to be lifted with teeth whitening treatments. In such cases, veneers may be used to hide discoloration and create a beautiful, sparkling white smile.
- Chips and cracks: A chipped or cracked tooth can affect your appearance and leave the tooth vulnerable to decay and further damage. Veneers can be placed over teeth with chips or cracks to restore the appearance and health of minimally damaged teeth.
- Irregularly shaped teeth: Veneers can fit over teeth that are irregularly shaped to create a more uniform and aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Teeth that are too small or too large: When the teeth are too small or too large within the mouth and in relation to the surrounding teeth, it can make the smile look less than perfect. Veneers can be made in any size to correct dental proportions.
- Gaps between the teeth: Unwanted gaps between the teeth can be closed with veneers.
How Do the Teeth Look After Veneers?
After porcelain veneer treatment, our Orland Park patients enjoy dazzling smiles free of unwanted cosmetic dental flaws. Veneers provide natural looking results and seamlessly blend with the surrounding teeth, creating beautiful smiles and helping many to feel more confident and proud to share their smiles.
Individual results after veneers will vary depending on what issues were treated. However, some results to expect after veneer treatment include that that are:
- Ideal in shape
- Proportionate in size
- Undamaged and free of chips or cracks
- Bright white and free of stains
Schedule a Consultation
A beautiful smile is possible with porcelain veneers. If you want to enhance the appearance of your smile, veneers may be the right option for you. For more information about veneers or to discuss other treatments, please call our Orland Park office at (708) 873-9709 to schedule a consultation.